At the moment, the Cleveland sports scene is looking pretty drab. “Playoffs” is nowhere to be found in the Browns’ vocabulary and the Cavs just can’t seem to get anyone excited. So, for the time being, we’re kind of stuck (as usual) waiting for next year. Just in time to rescue us from our demise, the Indians are bringing back the second annual Tribe Fest.
Tribe Fest is a family friendly, activity filled event to be held at Progressive Field over three days. Fans will have the opportunity to get autographs from players past, present and future. In addition to interacting with players, young fans can hit in the Progressive Field batting cages (waivers will be required), take tours of the home clubhouse, listen to Q&As with Tribe broadcasters and players, and more. Concessions will be available in the Club Lounge, while KeyBank customers will have access through pre-event registration to an exclusive area in the Collection Auto Club at Progressive Field. The Indians also plan to announce their 2014 promotions schedule and 2014 Hall of Fame Induction details on the KeyBank main stage during Saturday morning’s session.
We didn’t have a chance to visit Tribe Fest last year, but it seems like they were overwhelmed with the fan’s response and really stepped it up this year to accommodate the demand. This year the Indians have broken the event into three sessions and fourth exclusive VIP session. Sessions are capped at 250 tickets. Considering the Indians brought in 19,661 fans on average per game, 750 tickets (not including the VIP session) really isn’t a lot to go around.
- Saturday, January 25: 10AM-2PM
- Saturday, January 25: 4PM-8PM
- Sunday, January 26: Noon-6PM
- Admission for adults is $10 in advance and tickets are available online only. Visit the Indians.com to purchase.
- Kids ages 12 and under again this year can attend the event for FREE when reserved with the purchase of an adult ticket. There is a limit of two free children’s admissions per paying adult. Tickets for kids age 12 and under are $5 at the gate day of event.
- Tickets for the exclusive VIP session are $80. For more information, visit Indians.com.
This year, autographs can be guaranteed by purchasing an autograph ticket bundled at the same time with the general admission ticket. Fans are limited to one guaranteed autograph ticket per person to allow for as many fans to get access to the players. Prices in addition to the $10 ADULT general admission ticket — kids tickets are free when reserved in advance — as follows:
- $10/ticket for Indians Minor League Prospect sessions
- $15/ticket for Indians Major League roster player sessions
- $20/ticket for Indians Alumni player sessions
Each Tribe Fest event features multiple autograph sessions, for which 250 tickets will be sold. Autographs for specific players are not guaranteed, just a space in line. If autograph sessions are not sold out, fans will be allowed to wait in line at their own risk for autographs, time permitting and on a first-come, first-serve basis.
Current confirmed participants include Indians players Nick Swisher, Michael Bourn, Jason Kipnis, John Axford, Yan Gomes and other roster players; manager Terry Francona; Indians Hall of Famers Jim Thome, Omar Vizquel, Kenny Lofton and Charles Nagy; and Tribe prospects including Clint Frazier.
Of course, all player appearances are subject to change.